We Are In The Dispensation of The Grace of God
This is the Gospel of our Salvation
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Faith + Nothing = Salvation
What Is Dispensationalism?
Mid Acts Dispensational Chart
Dispensation Chart Videos
Prophecy vs Mystery
Prophecy: That which was spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began. It pertains to specific promises of God to and through the nation of Israel. All of those promises are in an earthly setting. They are both literal and visible.
Basic Distinctions Between Prophecy and The Mystery
2. The kingdom to be established on earth (Jer.
23:5; Matt. 6:10).
8. Prophecy mainly concerns nations as such (Isa.
2:4; Ezek. 37:21,22).
11. In prophecy salvation by grace through faith
alone is not contemplated.
1. Concerns a body (I Cor. 12:12,27; Eph. 4:12-16).
Fellowship of the mystery
What is the biblical meaning of dispensation?
What are the different dispensations in the Bible?
These are the different dispensations we have found within the scriptures. While we stand on the shoulders of previous dispensational thinkers in recent times; our view on the questions differs from that of classic dispensationalist. We seek to provide you with dispensations that can be clearly identified within the biblical text.
- Covenant and or Promise – At this time, God was dealing with humanity according to Covenants and Promises apart from the Law of Moses. BCV – Galatians 3:15-17
- The Law – Prior to the law God was dealing with man apart from the Law of Moses (Primarily, this is with regard to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel and the 12 tribes). Due to Israel’s transgressions a dispensation of the Law was given. BCV – Galatians 1:19.
- Faith and The Dispensation of Grace – This dispensation is the result of the cross of Christ and Israel’s fall. BCV – Galatians 3:22-26, and Romans 11:1-11 – Key verse is 11. In addition, the dispensation of the Grace of God and the Gospel for this dispensation was a Mystery hid in God before the word began, which was committed to Paul by Christ. BCV – Romans 16:25, and Ephesians 3:1-11
- The Tribulation Period – AKA Daniels seventieth week or some call it Jacobs trouble. This event will begin when the BOC is caught up (aka the rapture) in the air to meet with Christ. In which case the fullness of the gentiles will have come into the BOC and Seven years of tribulation will commence. BCV – 1 Thessalonians 4:17, Romans 11:25, and Daniel 9:24-27.
- Millennial Reign of Christ – After the tribulation period when Christ enemies are made his footstool, he will return to the earth as prophesied, to reign for one thousand years as Israel’s King. BCV – Daniel 2:44, Jeremiah 23:5, Isaiah 9:6-7, Psalms 145:13, and Revelation 20:1-5.
- Dispensation of the Fulness of Times – After the Millennial Reign of Christ and the Great white throng of judgment, God will gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, (the BOC) and which are on earth (the nation of Israel). BCV – Revelations 20:11, and Ephesians 1:10.
What is the synonym of dispensation?
The following are appropriate synonyms for dispensation.
Within scripture God Dispense and or Distributes information when and how He sees fit regardless of the age.
What is the dispensation in the KJV Bible?
The KJV is the only Bible that uses the word dispensation in all four verses.
The CSB, NIV, NASB, AMP, ESV, RSV, NLT, and other do not have the word dispensation in them. The NKJV is the only modern version that we know of that has the word dispensation in it. Nevertheless, it only uses that word in Ephesians. No wonder what Paul said, “If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God”. To get more details pertaining to this question, see: What is the biblical meaning of dispensation?
What was the first dispensation?
What is Dispensational Theology?
There are three methods we use to study scripture; which makes us dispensational.
- Literal Interpretation: The Bible says what it means and means what it says.
- Compare Scripture with Scripture: Scripture interprets scripture. Therefore, there is no such thing as private interpretation.
- Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth: The scriptures MUST be rightly divided.
Dispensationalism hinges upon properly combining and incorporating these methods into your Bible studies.
In addition, someone who dispensational in their theology will always take the following things into consideration when studying God’s word.
- Who is the author?
- Who is the audience?
- When was the book/epistle written?
James wrote the book of James. According to James1:1, he was LITERALLY writing to the 12 tribes which had been scattered in Acts 8 after Stephen had been stoned. Therefore, if I take the Bible LITERALLY, I would naturally believe that James was not writing to the Gentiles Seeing as though his Audience is the nation of Israel. To insure that this understanding is correct, we would compare James 1:1 with other scriptures that confirm the 12 tribes are in FACT Israel and not Gentiles. This is one of many elementary examples that illustrate the basic view of dispensational thought.
What does dispensational mean in the Bible?
Who is the father of dispensationalism?
What denominations are dispensationalism?
What are the tenants of dispensationalism?
Is dispensationalism a religion?
No. Dispensationalism is a method whereby the body of Christ studies the scriptures with respect to the different dispensations God has administered and or given throughout scripture.
What is a hyper Dispensationalists?
Who was the first Dispensationalists?
What is dispensationalist eschatology?
What is Mid Acts Dispensationalism?
What do Mid-Acts Dispensationalist believe?
What is the difference between Acts 2:38 dispensationalist and Mid-Acts Dispensationalist?
What is the difference between Acts 28:28 dispensationalist and Mid-Acts Dispensationalist?
Was John Nelson Darby a Mid-Acts dispensationalist?
The Mystery Revealed to Paul
What is the mystery declared by Paul in the book of Ephesians?
What is the fellowship of the mystery?
Was the Mystery of the Body of Christ first revealed to Paul?
Was the mystery that Christ revealed to Paul in prophecy?
No. Prophecy is that which can be searched in the scriptures. Paul preached the unsearchable riches of Christ to the gentiles. As it is written, “8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:” Ephesians 3:8-9
Notice how he said, “which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God”, the Mystery was not hid in the scriptures, it was hid in God. A good contrast to this would be Luke 18:31-34. In that passage of scripture we see that while the death, burial and resurrection, was in the scripture for anyone to see or read, it was hid from the twelve.
- Ephesians 3:6 – That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
- Colossians 1:27 – To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Therefore the mystery revealed to the apostle Paul is twofold.
- The Body of Christ: Whereby Jews and Gentiles alike are NEW CREATURES (2 Corinthians 5:17) and fellowheirs.
- Christ in you, the hope of glory.
This is something that cannot be found in prophecy. In addition, to the Mystery there are new doctrines revealed to Paul as a result of the dispensation change. Therefore, while you can find the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ in prophecy, you cannot find what it would accomplish as a result of Israel’s fall; Romans 11:7-11
Lastly, this is why no one else makes mention of the Body of Christ accept the apostle Paul.